Friday, June 14, 2013

Updates for the week: Reading and Bootcamp

Here's the scoop on my latest reading...I'm not counting the books I listen to. They are on my Goodreads, but I won't count them here.

The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)#4 The Gray Wolf Throne, Seven Realms series #3 by Cinda Williams Chima - Again, one of my favorite authors. I love her characters! The strong dual main characters are great... Hardback from the library, 517 pages, fantasy.

#5 Reached, Matched trilogy final book by Ally Condie - The hold feature from the library is awesome! I had requested this book before, but was too busy to pick it up. So, someone (hopefully many) got to read this before it came back to me. Dystopian science fiction, 512 pages, hardback. As a final, it wrapped up most of my questions...good, but not great.

#6 Stork by Wendy Delsol - Okay, so first I checked out an audio (CDs) book from the library called Frost. I couldn't tell from the cover that it was part 2 in a trilogy/series. So, about 15 minutes into listening, I realized I needed the first book. I went to the library that day and found the book. It was a quick read. Those of you who know me know that I LOVE things with Norse mythology (Vikings). This series is based on those ideas...fun! Makes you cold just reading some of it, perfect for the summer! Mythological fantasy (think Percy Jackson style), 355 pages, hardcover.

#7 Uncommon Criminals, Heist Society #2 by Ally Carter - Her books are so much fun! Lots of travel to exotic places and art in museums...you know me! I like that in this series, the main character is clearly REALLY good at what she does, and yet, she is insecure and confused. 298 pages, mystery, hardcover.

#8 A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly - I mentioned this in my Goodreads review, but I like the voice this author writes with, but I think I liked her book Revolution better. Historical fiction/mystery, 396 pages, paperback.

This makes is 12 "books" according to our page # count...it does put me a little slow, but I should do some good reading this weekend.

In other news...we are 2 weeks through bootcamp. I am officially exhausted, although still weirdly considering riding with Andy in the canyon tonight. Tonight is my "cheat meal" for the week. Dinner in Springdale...YUM!!!!  Also, after Pinteresting several banana and peanut butter recipes, I made a yummy smoothie this morning. 1 banana, 2 tblsp Smart Balance PB, spinach, protein powder, skim milk and a few ice cubes - SOOO good! And I was wrong, you totally can't taste the spinach!

Have a great weekend!



No comments: