Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Boot Camp has begun...

Yup...my month when I actually get more than 7 hours of sleep! And hurt...so yesterday was the first day - fitness assessment and paperwork. I should weigh myself...I'm not sure about pictures...
I have my buddy, Monica, that I met last summer in boot camp. She is great, really got me through the running last year. One thing that I was really proud of was my 5K time at the end last year. We didn't do a "before" 5K last year...but we ran one today! My time was 42:26...about 5 minutes slower than my 5K time last year. Considering how much I HATE running, that's not bad...I think I went numb about 2 1/2 miles. Didn't really hurt after that...I'm proud that I have changed my way of running - no more toes - so that I don't have such shin-splints. But my Achilles are sore this year...I feel guilty about the dogs when I get home, so we go for a walk right away. They love a guaranteed walk each day! Except for class days...

No comments: