Exciting events of the past few months:
- I got a road bike...and I try to ride with some faculty members on Thursday afternoons.
|This is kind of what it looks like...flat bars instead of the traditional rounded ones.|
Mine does have a rack on the back so that I could carry a basket or pack...
- Andy's supposedly "easier" schedule - NOT so much.
- Car repairs/maintenance - although we are putting a new stereo in the Xterra so that I don't have to wear my headphones to listen to my ipod while driving.
- LOTS of rain for about 3 weeks...our humidity was between 40% and 50% - this was like 10 times the normal amount of humidity. We all felt it...the people, the mosquitoes, the wooden doors and such.
- super-cleaned the house for Mom & Dad's visit, then the washing machine broke and flooded right before they got here.
- NEW washing machine...took our hiking time/movie time/visit to Springdale time, but very pretty.
- Mom and Dad got to hear me sing for the first time since high school - they made a Lieto concert last night. I was very proud, and my Lieto family was very welcoming!
- No prep - we had over 100 additional students register at our school this August, so I volunteered to "sell" my prep...essentially, it means I teach all day with no break (except my 25 minute lunch). In some ways it's harder, but it means I don't have to share a class with another teacher, so in some ways it's easier.
|Here's the back wall of my classroom...love the bookshelves...still need more!|
- Sarah will be 6 next week.