Monday, February 9, 2009

I am seriously conflicted...

and no, it's not about my 36th birthday. I realize that for some people the ticking of the clock is a big deal. But honestly, it just doesn't occur to me that I'm getting "older". I have a theory that it's because I don't have kids of my own...it's like living in a time warp.
Sarah on a 4 x 4 trip
Maybe Sarah will change that. My mom had a birthday over the weekend, and although the number may be getting bigger, I don't see her that differently than 15 years ago. Maybe it's just me...

The birthday girl (Mom) and Dad at the Texas Renaissance Festival 2006
Anyway...my conflict is over this whole Facebook/MySpace thing. People - I am a teacher - and while I may not be the most popular teacher (I wasn't the most popular student, either), there are just ways and things that my students DON'T need to know about me. I have issues about people "searching" for me...and I don't want to end up spending even more time declining "friend" requests like the spam in my email box. (no, I'm not saying that people are looking for me, just that garbage happens wherever you go...) But now MB has joined Facebook!!!! This is getting to be just toooooooo much!

Lower Calf Creek Falls...gorgeous and totally worth the hike!
I can't not post pictures, so here are some previously unposted...

1 comment:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Yes, but now Cole will make your feel old!!! Yay! hehe