Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mea Culpa

Yes, I let an entire month pass without an update...but to be fair, it was a very busy month! We began slowly, with a good routine. However, things soon caught up with us. Andy had mid-terms right before our joint spring break...and all that studying (and not sleeping) did take it's toll. Everyone in Southern Utah (so it seems) had been sick - seriously, the school district reported massive absences due to illness beginning Feb. 4 - and Andy came down with the "death cold". He tried to rest before Mom and Dad got here, but it just wasn't going to leave him alone. So, he was trying to rest, and study, and help Dad with a "minor" drainage project in the front... Mom and I puttered around the inside, doing some spring cleaning and rearranging. They left (so Mom could make closing time at the quilt supply store in Mckinney) and I went down for the count. Well, it's officially been 3 weeks since then and neither of us feel great... and MB came to visit and drop off Holly for some doggy-sitting. I refuse to take responsibility for her sickness. She MUST have brought it with her. Anyway, no trip to the ranch for her...she's spending her spring break with us, trying to recuperate.
I also refuse to accept that this will be my spring. It was cold and rainy for a long time, now it wants to be practically 90 degrees! What???? Well, I guess I don't get a vote on that one... but we will continue bravely on, hoping for reasonable temperatures and not too much rain. MB and I have been watching DIY's "Crashers" all morning... I may take to cruising local hardware stores in an attempt to get "picked up" for the Yard version. Happy SPRING!

1 comment:

Hiking Hounds said...

I hope you guys start feeling better soon! The weather has been wacky here too. Temps. in the 60s, 9 inches of snow, temps up to the 70s, and now turning crummy again.