Thursday, April 28, 2011

If life's a beach...where's mine?

We're on the downslope, folks, of another school year. My inner monologue (as all teachers will attest) is now:
I will not hurt the children...
I will not hurt the children...
I will smile, and breathe, and tell myself that it will be okay.

For those of you who are not teachers, don't even act all appalled or innocent! You remember what you were like at the end of the school year...

Lots of changes coming at you:
1) Andy will NOT be in school for the next 2 1/2 months. He will not be available - heck, he won't even be HOME - but he will be getting credits and a change of scenery that hopefully will be good for the mind, body, and spirit. He's got an internship with the Park Service/BLM office.

2) I will finally be teaching a Gifted class next year. (seriously terrified) It is one thing to talk about it, but a whole other to be a ground breaker...keep your fingers crossed.

3) Blogger has made some BIG changes. I was NOT loving the new Design area, but they've added WAY cool fonts! So, I'm feeling better about expressing my creativity (we all know there's not a lot there).

4) I am still working on my weight-loss goal...46 pounds is my target. I'm still stuck at 39-40 for now. ZUMBA and water-aerobics, here I come!

5) I am driving to TX for 2 weeks this summer. So psyched! And already have maps, budget, and hotel stays booked...can't be spontaneous in this economy!

Anyway, I'm doing this on my lunch hour at school, so I'll have to do pictures later...

1 comment:

Hiking Hounds said...

You've definitely got the monologue down! I can't wait until it's over. :-)