Sunday, September 26, 2010

Grape Stomping

Yes, I am - again - running a bit behind. The grape stomp was fun, and Dee and Steve make yummy wine! We did our best Lucy impression, peasant skirts, hoop earrings, and bandanas. Mary wears her bandana much better than I do...

We were drinking last year's as we stomped.






Then when we finished, the guys had to pick out the stems. I keep trying to talk them into growing a reisling, but Steve says it's more complicated than the white. They have a Black Spanish and a Syrah, my favorite being the Black Spanish. Then, of course, Dee made a delicious Mexican feast...mmmmmm. This week seemed to fly by with our normal breakneck pace. Yesterday, I went up to SUU for a Gifted Conference with 2 of my school colleagues and Andy studied (until 4 am)! I will be grading papers today since the speaker was so interesting that I didn't get anything graded there.

Hopefully this week will go slowly enough that I can enjoy it...but I'm not holding my breath. Hope your week is a good one!