Friday, August 13, 2010

One Week In...

I have been at school for 1 week, with kids for 3 days. How could I forget how exhausting it can be? I love this bunch...they are all very sweet. I still only have 5 classes (am pushing hard for a 2nd period - who wants a 2nd period prep?)...but our enrollment jumped quite a bit, so we'll see. I don't know if I'm getting older or if my "cup" has finally brimmed, but it's taking me longer to learn 145 names. I did take individual pictures of 2 of my classes, but no group shots, so I'll wait to give you those later. The individual shots will go into their time capsules with their information from this fall, and we'll have a good time checking them out in the spring. (It also helps me match faces to names.) I have gotten to the point where most of my kids remind me of a former student, so I have to be careful not to call them the wrong thing...it cracks me up, but as a kid, I know that bugs some...parents are totally used to it, calling out whatever name comes to mind until they go through the whole list - I'm there!
Here are some pics from our 7 dog, 6 human camping trip, thanks to Cam and Deb! We keep talking about how much fun that trip was...definitely have to do it again.
Going to bed now...love you all :)

1 comment:

Hiking Hounds said...

Hi! Glad you guys had a fun summer, your trip looks great. I start back next week.