Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer's Here

The weather has been really warm lately. I think it was like the coldest May in years, but it perked right up in the last week. We may be close to the end of "cedar gnat" season, so I'll be able to go outdoors without getting eaten alive. Speaking of eaten alive and skin, what's with pool chemicals? I have been every day for water aerobics (except Monday when i had a class that started at 8)...even without Nikki (this is big news for people who knew me when). Andy's even decided to change his morning schedule so I can go when the kids are here...not sure if I'm going to be thanking him for that. I am SO sore - Andrea's not running a class for chatters and wimps. (Speaking of Andrea, check out my blog list - she's starting a new photo biz and she's pretty good!) We do "normal" stuff Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then "noodle" work on Tuesdays and Thursdays (one day shallow, one day deep). Noodle resistance is no laughing matter!
We went to Apple Valley, CA over the weekend for MB's retirement shindig - very nice! Caught up with many people, put faces with names we've heard for years, and Andy took TONS of pics. Angie (Simoneschi) Moore went with us, very forgiving of her canine companions in the backseat. I can't believe MB's retired... I can't even imagine it myself, but she's excited for the freedom - can't blame her. Here's some photos:










Did you recognize Janis (retiring w/MB - of course) and Donna in the first picture? The gals were truly roasted and honored by old friends and colleagues... Look how amazing Mary Pat looks? She was very nice to the ladies in her speech, and we enjoyed catching up.

No comments: