Tuesday, June 1, 2010

OMG, It's June...

People, where does the time go????? Well, school's out for me, in for Andy (summer math - yech). I have officially begun water aerobics (already counting the days I "can't" go, but I did enjoy it...) and the gnats have begun their relentless assault on my tasty person (I have calamine lotion all over). Andy put in some more shelves...you can actually see across our spacious garage now - and we have 2 cars in it (usually). And how tidy is that workbench?

We had a less than successful camping trip over the weekend. I mean, seriously, how many trips have we taken? To have forgotten the sleeping bags only 2 times is pretty darn good...of course, when you're less than 80 miles from home, you pack up and sleep warm in your own bed. But, we found good dirt roads, good hikes, and good camping spots for the future.

So now, it's on to the "dog days".... that's what happens at my house anyway (see exhibits below).










Plans include: 2 classes with WCSD (techie stuff), water aerobics (as faithfully as possible), hopefully working 3 days ($100 a day?!), Logan and Ivy time (2 weeks, Kate must trust me!), MB retirement party (next weekend), MB and Megan and Madison and Justin time, bike rides, practice hikes (want to do Havasupai in October), AND reading some classics (book club will be combined with water aerobics - thanks Nikki!). And of course, I'm trying to convince Andy to trek through the Midwest for the "Grandparent Loop" the end of July... we'll see (gas, please stay reasonable). Sheesh! I'm exhausted just thinking about all of it... guess I'll go have lunch and dust.

If you didn't already know, Mom and Dad will have their 40th anniversary this month... I know this picture is 2 years old, but dontcha know they're still this happy!

1 comment:

Scheris said...

finally.. you posted something.. it has been a while.. thinking of you.