Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's beautiful...


You can tell there's sunshine right behind those clouds, it's clear, and snowing. Some people may have gotten the impression that the snow is a problem... not a problem at all. The problem, friends who haven't come to visit, is MUD. Right now, Andy and I are anticipating having soggy mud until May at this rate. Which is why, dear friends (and Mom), I insisted on concrete floors. Sure, you can see every puddle and swirl of dog hair and dirt clods, but that's the point... You can see them, feel them, get them out. I want to you consider what is hiding in your carpet. Yup, you guessed it. So, while we will probably make our dog a neurotic mess with the paw-wiping, I'm going to take deep yoga breaths and make it through mud season. Come visit! You'll be 6 inches taller by the time you make it across the yard :)
On a lighter note, while out doing errands today, went to see The Lightning Thief. I loved the books (yes, there are 5), and I liked the movie. 2 different things, though! And, although it's supposed to be a "kids" movie, wouldn't take anyone under 12. Just my thoughts....

No comments: