Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's too quiet here...


Whew! Andy and I have always admired parents, but now we have "an understanding". We had a great time with the kids, and look forward to seeing them every summer (till we're not fun or cool anymore). We finished the week by baking cookies and 9 loaves of banana bread and a Wii marathon on Thursday. MB, Mary, and Holly came that afternoon.



Then Friday morning, we all went back to the river... more great times were had by all. Angie Moore came by Friday night, and we finally did s'mores, but never did put up the tent. The weather just wasn't cooperating. Saturday morning early, we packed up the kids and headed back to Vegas. When we got back on Saturday afternoon, I napped for like 3 hours! Then we went to the fireworks/bbq at the fire station. It was a big hit...again! Sunday, I tried to bake marble squares, but the universe was aligned against me... too small a pan (I think), high altitude, and something funky with the cream cheese (it didn't blend well - fat free problem?). Anyway, I will try again someday. We took a pie, watermelon, wine, and beer over to Dee and Steve's for their "I love my country, but the economy sucks" party. More fun times. Wendy and Dan were there, and I finally got to show Wendy my house.
Last but not least, I GOT MY BRACES OFF! It feels weird, but great. Have a permanent on my lowers, and didn't lose my retainer over night. Hopefully this is because I'm training my tongue, but also might be that retainer technology has improved! I'll send pictures later. Need to spruce up to take those pictures... Bye for now!

No comments: