Saturday, October 8, 2011

Still here...

Dear Family and Friends...
as far as I know, everything is okay. The house is still standing, not as clean as it would be with 2 people doing maintenance; the dogs are good, a little bored because they don't get as much exercise as they would like; there are 2 less of them, since Gus and Rebel have officially gone home;

 and I am surviving. Andy is in CO, being a fantastic uncle and brother, and enjoying several inches of snow as of this morning. When the storm passed through here a couple days ago, it was all rain, so I have...mud. It's not as bad as it was a few weeks ago (see pictures of Lake White), but the dogs track it in, so I am taking a few minutes out of my sweeping to update the blog posts. 

I am also including this year's school picture. Don't you "regular" grown-ups miss this? It's official, I am getting to look less and less like the "me" that's in my head.  I don't look this old in my head - where are those wrinkles coming from?  The blond is my "scar" from where I had blue this summer. I really loved the blue, but am considering another color for next summer... I'll take suggestions!


 On Wednesday, I am headed out to CO for my fall break long weekend. I will trade cars with Andy, who will need the Nissan for the mountains. MB will come watch the dogs and have a little "me" time. She so sweetly purchased us a spa package from one of the hotels there in Central City for our anniversary, which we will celebrate a few days early while I'm out there. It's been 13 years! (ouch, but better than the 24 that we've actually known each other)  Sarah's birthday is the next week, also. She will be 4...such a big girl. She's REALLY calmed down in the last year. I can trust her to hang in the general vicinity and not be too pesky, so she and Sadie came to a neighborhood get together last weekend. Everyone was happy to see us, and missed Andy...but not as much as I do!  Going to Dee and Steve's for a wine-tasting this year, the grapes had a rough summer, so no stomping this time. Will catch up with other mutual friends as well. Then I have my first performance with Lieto!, the choir I joined this fall at Andy's urging. We are doing a short set at a ceremony for the Hunstman World Senior Games. I love when people from all over invade Southern Utah. There's a bigger crowd everywhere, people actually go to the liquor store, and there are the inevitable gawkers at the ladies of the FLDS. It always makes me happy to see different cultures interact. Hope your fall is starting off well...I am enjoying the lower temps, it makes it bearable to exercise later in the morning and earlier in the evenings, so I can get some walks and bike rides in and still sleep! Signing off for now...

No comments: