Monday, July 18, 2011

I love Coca-Cola! and other adventures...


 I love Coca-Cola...the original. In high school, I collected cans and bottles and had them around my room. I think I still have about 6 bottles. I discovered the Coke store in Vegas years ago, and every time I go, I like to go and look around. This time I had some "newbies' with me, so I didn't feel so bad that I had to get a hat (and a charm) because Sheryl got one too. I have some Coca-Cola items at home...one is a mini tray that Andy found somewhere, a bottle opener I want to mount (just can't figure out where), and some t-shirts (different languages). Evidently I love Coke so much I can tell the difference at 2:00 am and slightly impaired - just ask Andy and Chad (but don't tell my mother!) ;)  Anyway, just thought I'd share...



Can you tell I spent last week in Vegas? I went down for a conference on Differentiated Instruction with 2 other teachers (soul-sisters, really) and our principal. We learned a lot, and talked a lot, and walked a lot (gosh, there's a lot of walking in Vegas, even if you're just across the strip). I came home brain-fried! But... I bought some books (shocking, I know). My favorite new toy is my Nook, with which I can hop online during a presentation and wishlist a great new book that the presenter talks about!!! But I shop with my phone - "Hmm, I might want to come back and get that, let me take a picture!"  Here is the stack of books and papers I brought home...
Plus, there was the 8-year-old laptop (ouch!) which will be retiring soon - it's old, cranky, and WAY TOO HEAVY!
Of course, in and amongst all the learning and shopping and talking and walking was some eating (speaking of heavy)... I came home about 5 pounds heavier (SIGH) than when I went. We went to only the best places, of course, Cheesecake Factory (still have never repeated a meal), Hard Rock - the restaurant is cooler now with interactive displays, I had a good burger, but is WAY too expensive-, PF Chang's - yummy-, and most decadently, Serendipity 3. I'd had the frozen hot chocolate at MB's house for Christmas a few years ago, but in person at the restaurant was even more impressive. (The picture is not mine, I Googled it, but NOT kidding, it looked like this!) Now, I must be even more disciplined. Good thing I will only be there about 48 hours next time!


Other than Vegas, we hosted the Meisel/Brethour clan (most of it) for a few days before I went to Vegas. We went to a football game, tubed the Virgin (good photo Mom!) River, and they all got off without a hitch last Sunday/Monday. Andy and I also went with Buddy and Susan to see Cars 2 and Texas Roadhouse for her birthday... (hmmm, am beginning to see a pattern here...even with eating "healthy choices", restaurant food is restaurant food!). We are now foster-parenting a set of Shi-Tzus for the Doman clan.  Gus and Rebel are ADORABLE...even if Gus is magnetically drawn to Tempest (the Cat). They have made themselves right at home...

No comments: